Pages Navigation Bar

Monday, August 1, 2011

Cupcake Month Kick-Off!

I am so excited today!  Back in June, I shared with my followers on Facebook (if you don't already follow on facebook, you might want to start) that August would be CUPCAKE MONTH!  August in my family means birthday season--we even have two days with multiple family members' birthdays.  To celebrate all these occasions, August here on Snips & Spice is going to be filled with cupcake recipes, cupcake decorating ideas, cupcake crafts, and well basically anything cupcake related.  I have lined up a terrific guest list for this event, and I know you will be thrilled with the turnout.  It has been a crazy busy summer with few posts here, but August is going to be packed with creativity!

To get you ramped up for this event, I want to begin by reminding you of a few cupcake posts from the past 6 months.

This cupcake pincushion was a fun to make, and I use it all the time.  Get the tutorial here.

This peanut butter frosting recipe has been a huge success at work and with my husband who does not usually eat sweets (and I have to tell you, he said the cupcakes I made this last weekend are my best ever...recipe to come this month).  Get the recipe for peanut butter frosting here.

A gumpaste bow is easily made for a small version like I did for these mini cakes as a cupcake topper.  Get the tutorial here.

The first time I created my Almond Joy Cake recipe, I made cupcakes instead of a large cake.  My family gobbled them up at our family reunion, and I knew I had a hit (and could use the recipe for Barb's birthday cake).  Get the recipe here.

I posted this tutorial with 10 tips for baking beautiful, delicious cakes.  This month, I will be updating some of the tips for cupcakes (as some only apply to large cakes).

If you have never experimented with different types of food coloring, take a peek at this post for information about different types of food coloring, and what media they work with best.

This zucchini cake recipe makes delicious cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  I made them last year for my cheerleading team, and they still talk about them.  Get the recipe here.

Are you as excited as I am?  Feel free to grab a button to let everyone know you are celebrating with us, and if you are interested in posting, I have a couple days still open for guest posts (email me at snips.spice@gmail.com).

Tomorrow Christina from It's a Keeper will be here to share a delicious recipe with you.  I drooled all over the keyboard when she emailed me her post; you won't want to miss it!

2 comments:

  1. Excited for cupcake month!!! That peanut butter frosting sounds delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! I'm doing a cupcake themed birthday party for my daughter (who's turning 1 in September). I look forward to seeing your cupcake ideas this month! Great timing!

    P.s I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.