Pages Navigation Bar

Friday, March 11, 2011

Blog Swap {Sumo from Sumo's Sweet Stuff}



Hello everyone!

I'm so excited to be blog swapping over here today. I always love blog swapping because I get to 'meet' new people!

I'm Sumo, from Sumo's Sweet Stuff!



Sumo's Sweet Stuff

My real name is Summer, but my husband nicknamed me Sumo when we were dating. (Should I be offended?) Now he's got all of my family, as well as lots of our friends, calling me Sumo. I think Aunt Sumo sounds pretty great, don't you? I live in Utah with my husband, and our two beautiful daughters - Remi & Reece!



I started Sumo's Sweet Stuff as a place to keep some of my crafting projects so that my personal blog wasn't overrun with them. Somehow, that developed into a place to host giveaways, share tutorials, share recipes, and feature fellow bloggers' ideas and blogs! I also use my blog to promote my etsy shop, so if you're ever in the market for some baby girl accessories, or even a little something for yourself, come on over! Every Monday is Market Yourself Monday, where you can link up your latest projects, and visit other blogs to get some inspiration!
Sumo Sweet Stuff
If you are looking for a quick and easy (i.e. last minute!) St. Patrick's Day decoration, then I've got just the thing for you! The best part about this decoration? It's not really a commercial decoration, and is something that could stay up year round if you wanted!

Here's what you need:
- paint
- paint stir sticks
- vinyl
- Silhouette or other cutting machine
- ribbon
- hot glue/wood glue, etc.
- some other sort of wood board
Paint those lovely stir sticks whatever hue you've chosen. It's no surprise that I chose black - I'm so boring and predictable!

While your paint is drying, type up those lyrics in using your Silhouette software. I measured my stir sticks, so I knew how big my vinyl could be. I also really love fonts, so I wanted each stick to have its own font. Lucy appreciated me switching it up a bit, too.


Make sure your stir sticks are totally dry before you try to apply the vinyl! If they are even a tiny bit wet, it won't adhere.
Apply your vinyl to your sticks.

Sorry for the fuzzy picture, but here's all the sticks finished.

Next you'll need some other sort of board. I got this baby at Hobby Lobby. Paint it your chosen hue once again!

While it's drying, head on back to your Silhouette and cut out your words for 'The Luckiest'.
Again, make sure your board is 100% dry before you go to apply the vinyl!
Use your glue of choice (I used hot glue) to glue your sticks and board together how you want them.


Use some ribbon to tie around your decoration.

Hang it for the world to admire.

Or for you and your kids to admire, even though they won't appreciate it. :)
Thanks so much for letting me come over here today! I hope to see you all back at Sumo's Sweet Stuff soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.